At Bonnie Brae Elementary School; teachers, administrators, families, students, and community members work together to explicitly teach, model, and facilitate critical and creative thinking, problem-solving and reasoning, communication, and collaboration skills. Our educators employ research-based, best practices in conjunction with formal and informal assessment data in an engaging, respectful, and positive learning environment that motivates students to learn, grow, achieve, and continue their journeys of lifelong learning in the 21st century.
Students from Bonnie Brae Elementary School will leave here...
- Confident and motivated learners
- Independent and collaborative problem solvers of their own strengths and needs
- Able to communicate effectively orally, in writing, and using technology, when appropriate
- Respectful of the diverse abilities and skills of others
- Responsible citizens of the community
- Creative and flexible thinkers
- Meeting appropriate grade level benchmarks
To get students there we must...
- Facilitate learning and motivate students at all skill and ability levels to meet academic goals
- Provide a positive and physically and emotionally safe community environment within the school and the classroom
- Teach and support students in implementing problem solving, self-advocacy, and goal setting
- Create a school community where every person feels academically, emotionally, and personally supported by the entire community
- Be engaged and positive role models
Because we believe that...
- A positive, respectful, challenging school and classroom environment promotes learning, growth and student success
- Intrinsically motivating and instructing students to become critical thinkers, collaborators, creators, and communicators builds the mindset of a 21st-century learner
- Students learn, grow, and achieve when instruction is tailored to individual needs and learning styles
Our School Motto
FCPS School Profile
School Payments Made Easy
From the cafeteria to the classroom, pay anytime, anywhere from your computer or smartphone.