School Innovation & Improvement Plan At-a-Glance
Outcome goals for this academic school year
School Innovation & Improvement Plan
Bonnie Brae Elementary School
Morgan Birge, Principal
Melissa Johnson, Assistant Principal
Natalie Vershaw, Assistant Principal
English Language Arts
By Spring 2024, 100% of Bonnie Brae students will make their within-year growth target on iReady reading and by Spring 2024, unadjusted SOL pass rates of English Learners will increase by at least 10%.
- Improve use of interactive read alouds for building knowledge and vocabulary through texts that affirm students' lived experiences.
- Expand use of independent practice with a variety of texts (e.g., decodable, nonfiction, fiction) and meaningful tasks (e.g., Lexia, writing about reading).
- Increase use of data (e.g., iReady, CORE, PASS, PRF, WIDA) to plan instruction and monitor progress for students demonstrating risk.
By June 2024, 100% of students will show growth with problem solving skills using the Student Mathematics Profile rubric, and by June of 2024, the percentage of special education students passing the spring 2024 math SOL will increase by at least 10% (unadjusted scores).
- Improve teachers’ implementation of Framework for Engaging & Student-Centered Mathematics Instruction.
Students will meet and exceed accreditation in science by earning a 77% unadjusted pass rate, up from 71.8%, on Science SOLs as measured by the current year pass rate (23-24).
- Expand the type and frequency of common formative assessments to evaluate progress throughout units.
- Expand opportunities to meaningfully integrate science within and across content areas to include literacy skills, mathematical reasoning, and global context.
- Complete full Collaborative Team cycles to include the creation of common assessments, data dialogues and plans for reteaching and reflection.