Bonnie Brae Library Information
Bonnie Brae's library media center is an integral and influential part of the total educational program. Its central location is symbolic of its role as a center of learning activities. The media center contains tapes, magazines, resource files, technology-based resources and more, as well as a large collection of books for pleasure and reading research. Students learn to respect others by observing those rules which create an environment for reading and research.
Our Circulation Policy
Books are initially checked out for two weeks. Students and staff are expected to take good care of library materials, and return them on time. If necessary, books may be renewed for another 2 weeks. If you would like to check out a book that someone else already has, you may place a hold on the book and it will be checked out to you upon its return to the library.
How many? How long?
We have 18,000+ books and approximately 730 kids, so we have plenty of books for students. During the 2020-21 School Year, students will be able to checkout up to 5 books at a time (1 book per series). Additionally, there are a few “rules” we live by:
- Respect Others – which the students have defined as “take only what you need and what you have time to read.
- Respect Property – which has been defined to mean take only what you can safely carry and fit in your backpack, and finally;
- Respect Yourself – take only what you want to read, can read (maybe with some assistance), and will read!
Once a student checks out a book, they will-
- Receive a confirmation email to the student's Gmail (@fcpsschools.net) account on the Friday afternoon before Curbside Pickup
- Continue to check your Gmail for notification for Books on Hold
COVID-19 Precautions for Curbside Library Pickup:
- All books will be quarantined for 7-days after being returned to BBES
- Adults handling books will wear gloves
- Masks will be worn
- Everyone must stay 6 feet apart from others and practice social distancing