New Student Registration

Procedures for students who are new to FCPS AND will be attending Bonnie Brae Elementary

New Families

We look forward to meeting new families!

If you are new to the area, you can enroll your student(s) throughout the school year and during the summer months. First, please view the FCPS boundary locator to see if Providence Elementary is your neighborhood school. If Providence Elementary is your base school, please contact Michele McLaughlin, our school registrar, at 703-321-3904 or @email.  We will let you know what items to bring with you to register and will schedule a time for you to come to the office. You can also access registration forms through the FCPS website. 

If any of the following apply to your family, please contact the FCPS Dunn Loring Center, 703-204-6740 before coming to Bonnie Brae Elementary:

  • Home languages other than English
  • Foreign exchange students requiring I-20 student visas
  • Students whose natural parents or legally adoptive parents do not reside in Fairfax County
  • Tuition-paying student
  • Students in foster care placed by other Virginia counties or by out-of-state agency

Kindergarten Registration

A child may enter kindergarten if he or she turns five on or before September 30 of the year he or she enters school.

Bonnie Brae ES will have information available in late March or early April for parents of incoming kindergarteners, and we'll be holding orientation sessions. Please contact Michele McLaughlin, our school registrar at 703-321-3904 or @email

Withdrawing from Bonnie Brae

  • Please contact Ms. McLaughlin (703-321-3904; @email) as soon as your plans to relocate are known in order to initiate the withdrawal process paperwork and preparation of documents. Withdrawals are a two-day process; please plan accordingly.
  •  A withdrawal form will be provided which must be signed by a parent. Once the signed form is submitted to Ms. McLaughlin, the student will be instructed on how to complete the withdrawal process. Please make sure that all textbooks, library materials, musical instruments, etc. are returned. Withdrawals are not complete until unpaid obligations are satisfied. Student Withdrawal Forms
  • Any request for records must be in writing and will take a minimum of five (5) business days. Request for Student Records Form

FCPS Transcripts and Records Information

Address Updates

  • To update your home address, you must do the following: 
    • Provide proof of residency by submitting a current, fully-executed lease or deed/closing documents.
  • FCPS Guidelines for Proof of Residency – Parents must notify their child’s school when their home address changes and provide proof of their new residence. If families move out of Fairfax County, children are no longer eligible to attend Fairfax County Public Schools (FCPS) and will be withdrawn. If the family is living in the residence of a friend or relative, the homeowner/leaseholder must provide the notarized FCPS affidavit accompanied by the lease or deed. Another FCPS affidavit by the parent stating his/her residence and three official supporting documents to that effect is also required.
  • Please contact Michele McLaughlin at 703-321-3904 or @email if you have any questions concerning this procedure.

Translation Services

Registration requirements documents and translations are available in Arabic, Chinese, Farsi, Korean, Spanish, Urdu, and Vietnamese. For recorded information about registration, please call 703-204-6795

Additional Information

Should you have any questions regarding registering your student, please contact Michele McLaughlin, our school registrar, at  703-321-3904 or @email